Emir Taz Palace
This palace was built by Emir Taz in 1352 to celebrate his marriage to the Sultan An-Nasir Mohammed's daughter. The palace was greatly modified at the end of the 19th century when it was transformed into the first Egyptian girls' school. Today it is used as a depot for educational supplies. The interior has been badly damaged and the entrance and the qaa overlooking the entrance have collapsed. The courtyard was divided into two parts by a wall that was built in the 19th century as well.