The Beit as-Sinnari was built in 1794 by Prince Ibrahim Katkhuda as-Sinnari. The house was built as a residence for the scholars and scientists of the Egypt Expedition's scientific mission. The building is very typical of the Cairene houses of that time. There are several rooms as well as a reception areas that are joined by series of stairways and passages that make up the harem suite. The main reception area overlooks the courtyard and the street. The second reception area on the west looks over the courtyard.