April 1, 2003
News from the Egyptian Tourist Authority
In response to the current crisis in Iraq, the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism confirms the following:
- A set of activities will be pursued such as fostering relationship with partners and boosting charter incentive programs.
- Egypts top priority is keeping sustained stability and highest security measures throughout Egypt especially in the tourist sites.
- The tourism industry in Egypt is keen to make the Egyptian destination a safe and enjoyable one.
- The Recovery Committee of the World Tourism Organization (WTO) declared Egypt as the "model" country for speedy
- recovery and achieving outstanding results, thus labeling it as a "real example of success" in the aftermath of some of the
- Egypt is thousands of kilometers away from the hot spots of turmoil and turbulence (see attached map).
- Egypt is situated in North Africa while the expected war is in a different continent (Asia).
- There are no military bases or foreign troops stationed or existing on any Egyptian land.
- Egyptians are peaceful and civilized people who always welcome their guests and are capable of making distinctions
- between governmental policies, regimes and the general public.
- The International IATA-Lloyds declared Egyptian skies and nautical passages within the "safe" zone.
- Egypt enjoys political and social stability where touristic activities are sustained and thus, verifying the safety of this unique destination.
|Distances of Egyptian Cities from Baghdad
|El Wadi El Gadid