The Gayer-Anderson Museum was founded in 1937 in two ancient residences, the Beit el-Kiridiliya from 1632 and the Beit Amna Bent Salim from 1540. The museum includes the private collection of Major Gayer-Anderson as well as furniture, glassware, crystal, carpets, silks and embroidered Arab costumes. The residences are reached by a private street. The Beit el-Kiridiliya has a sabil at the southwest corner and a maqaad with a monumental entrance. The Beit Amna Bent Salim has a courtyard that is small and a single-arched maqaad. There is a qaa that has an extremely high ceiling that runs the length of the house. Several of the rooms on the third floor have been reconstructed and some contain the collections.