Ancient Egypt Kids Section
Alexandria is the second largest city in Egypt, it is known as "The Pearl of the Mediterranean", has an atmosphere that is more Mediterranean than Middle Eastern
Aswan, Egypt's sunniest southern city and ancient frontier town located about 81 miles south of Luxor, has a distinctively African atmosphere. Its ancient Egyptian name was Syene.
- Cairo is one of the world's largest urban areas and offers many sites to visit. It is the administrative capital of Egypt and, close by, is almost every Egypt Pyramid.
- Egypt Photos
- Egypt is a country with an immense mix, in every major city in Egypt you will find traditions that remain from the time of the pharaohs.
- Egyptian People
- Egyptian People are friendly, hospitable and modest. They also have a sense of balance and moderation.
- Luxor has often been called the worlds greatest open air museum, as indeed it is and much more. The number and preservation of the monuments in the Luxor area are unparalleled anywhere else in the world that know of.
- Monuments & Artifacts
Various historical monuments and artifacts, covering nearly 7,000 years
- The Nile is the longest river in the world, stretching north for approximately 4,000 miles from East Africa to the Mediterranean. Egyptians traveling to other lands would comment on the "wrong" flow of other rivers.
- Red Sea Coast
- Red Sea Coast, it runs from the Gulf of Suez to the Sudanese border. Its mineral-rich red mountain ranges inspired the mariners of antiquity to name the sea Mare Rostrum, or the Red Sea.
- Scuba Diving
- Scuba Diving has become one of the greatest recreational sports all around the world and can even be a profession.
- Sharm el-Sheikh
- (38 pictures)
- The simplicity of sun, sea and sand. The luxury of five-star hotels, water sports, shopping and entertainment. It's one of the most accessible and developed tourist resort communities on the Sinai peninsula. All around are Bedouins, colorful tents, mountains and sea.
- (15 pictures)
- After 8,000 years at the heart of history, experience the continuing contrasts. Sinai is where rock meets coral reef and the desert stops at the sea. It is the grandeur of granite meeting golden beaches
- (16 pictures)
- Tourists experiencing the many wonders Egypt has to offer.