Egypts Minister of Tourism
Civil Aviation Authority of Egypt Adopts Upgrading Plan at Cairo International Airport
May 14, 1997
The Egyptian Civil Aviation Authority has recently adopted an upgrading/services plan at Cairo International Airport. The plan includes the following:
1) Enhancement of paging facilities in Terminal #3 (domestic flights).
2) Upgrading baggage claim services.
3) Expansion of Terminal #2 and establishment of electricity and air-conditioning supplies.
4) Preparation of Terminal #3 to serve 5000 domestic and international flights during heavy traffic hours, to exceed the capacity of all other airport and terminals.
5) The plan is set to meet with increasing demand on Egypt as a tourist destination.