A refreshing winter salad, with seasonal navel oranges.
* 8 navel oranges, peeled and white pith removed, sliced
* 3/4 cup good quality black olives, cut in half and pitted
* 1 red onion, sliced very thinly
* juice of one medium-sized lemon
* 1/2 - 1 tsp. ground cumin (to taste)
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 Tb. olive oil
Toss together oranges, olives and onion. Mix together lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper, then which in oil. Toss with the salad and serve. Serve 6.
Last Updated: June 6th, 2011