A tasty variation for classic Hummus. Good as a dip for pita chips or veggies.
* 1/2 c. fresh parsley leaves
* 1/3 c. fresh basil leaves
* 2 tb. grated fresh Parmesean cheese
* 1 tb. pignola nuts (pine nuts)
* 2 tb. fresh lemon juice
* 2 tb. tahini ( sesame seed paste)
* 1/2 ts. salt
* 1/4 ts. fresh ground black pepper
* 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, or other white beans, drained
* 2 garlic cloves
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Yield 1 2/3 cups.
Last Updated: June 6th, 2011