* 2 cups diced tomato
* 3/4 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
* 3 tablespoons minced shallots
* 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1 1/4 cups water
* 1 cup uncooked couscous
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
* Basil leave for garnish (optional)
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
2. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan and gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and cool. Add couscous and basil to tomato mixture, toss gently. Garnish with basil leaves if desired. 5 servings; serving size 1 cup.
Last Updated: June 6th, 2011