11 cups mix, approx
1 hour 5 minutes (5 min prep, 1 hr cooking)
Here's a nice change from the regular Chex Mix - you can make it savory or sweet by including the honey or not. :) Enjoy!
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon dried mint (optional)
4 cups corn chex
3 cups rice chex
12 cup Wheat Chex cereal, to preference
2 cups almonds
1 cup cashew pieces
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 cup combination of chopped dried fruits, currants,and/or raisins
3 tablespoons finely minced crystallized ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons honey, if desired
1. Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Melt the butter in a large roasting pan in the hot oven, then stir in the seasonings.
3. Stir in the dry cereals and nuts until it's all evenly coated.
4. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the sesame seeds, dried fruits, and ginger.
6. Drizzle with honey and stir well; let cool.
7. Store in airtight container.
8. Makes 10 1/2 cups Chex Mix snack.
Last Updated: June 6th, 2011