2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
thinly sliced bell pepper
3 tomatoes, chopped
2 (15 ounces) cans garbanzo beans, drained
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 onion, chopped
1. In a large pot over low heat, warm oil and cumin; heat until cumin turns a darker shade of brown.
2. Add salt, chili powder and lemon and pepper seasoning; mix well.
3. Stir in tomatoes; once the juice begins to thicken add in chickpeas and mix well.
4. Add in lemon juice and mix well; add onions & bell pepper and stir until they become soft.
5. Remove from heat and place into a serving bowl; serve immediately.
Last Updated: June 7th, 2011