1 cup couscous
1/2 cup currants
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted
1 orange, grated (zest of)
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped (cilantro)
hot chili flakes
1. In saucepan, bring water to boil.
2. Stir in couscous and currants.
3. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat oil in large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger.
5. Saute 3 minutes or until tender.
6. Add cumin seeds.
7. Saute 1 minute. With fork, fluff couscous and currants.
8. Stir in onion mixture, orange zest and coriander.
9. Add salt and hot chili flakes to taste.
Last Updated: June 7th, 2011