Stuffed Zucchini (Kosa Mahshiya)
Egyptian Food and Recipes
1 kg zucchini
1/2 kg beef
2 onions, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups rice
3 cups tomato juice
2 tablespoons cooking oil
salt and pepper
1. To prepare the Savory minced Beef (Lahma Mu'assaga), mince or grind the beef coarsely.
2. Brown the onion to a pale golden color, then add beef and seasoning and cook until the juice is absorbed.
3. Mix meat with rice and seasoning.
4. Fill Zucchini loosely with rice mixture and arrange in pot.
5. Season tomato juice, add 2 tablespoons cooking oil, and pour over Zucchini.
6. Cook for about 30 minutes.
Last Updated: June 7th, 2011