* 2 tablespoons sour cream
* 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
* 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
* 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 3 tablespoons water
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 lb green cabbage, thinly sliced (4 cups)
* 2 carrots, cut into julienne strips or coarsely grated
* 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced diagonally (1 cup)
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, zest, lemon juice, sugar, water, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add cabbage, carrots, scallions, and parsley and toss well. Chill, covered, 1 hour to allow flavors to develop. Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings.
Last Updated: June 7th, 2011