You Didn't Enter a Number of Servings! :)
1. Chop the vegetables into medium-size chunks
2. Wash lentils
3. Put stock into a 4-5 quart pot and bring to boil
4. add the onions,carrot,tomato and lentils to stock. lower the heat to simmer and cook for about 1/2 hour or until the lentils are tender
5. Puree the mixture in either a food processor or blender and return to pot.
6. Saute the finely chopped onions in the olive oil until they are soft and brown.
7. Sdd the cumin,lemon juice,sauted onions, salt and pepper to soup and stir slowly over low heat for about 3 minutes
PS my cook used to add one zucchini squash (qossah, I believe is the Egyptian name) After having zucchini for every meal, I got to hate this particular vegetable.
Last Updated: June 7th, 2011