The Sarghatmish Medersa was built in 1356 by Emir Seif ad-Din Sarghatmish and lies against the northwest wall of the Ibn Tulun Mosque. There is an open courtyard that is formed by four iwan that are surrounded by study rooms. The cupola that covers the main iwan in front of the mihrab was rebuilt in 1940 to replace the original one that had been destroyed. There is a mausoleum that is situated next to the iwan. In front of the medersa are a mosque and mausoleum of El-Khodari that were built in 1767. They have been recently renovated.